AVAILABLE NOW, FREE OF CHARGE
|The industry has responded to operational challenges by making greater use of technology to tighten underwriting approaches, introduce efficiencies and improve customer service.|
Business volume has been on the increase in Europe over the past couple of years.
The outlook for the Asia Pacific markets has been patchier. While Australia has seen subdued asset finance volumes in recent times, there has been strong growth in China, which has emerged as a powerhouse in aviation leasing.
Changes in the Chinese economy are now threatening to disrupt the steady path to improvements within the global asset and auto finance sector. The slowing down of activity within the Chinese economy in the latter part of 2015 had a significant impact on demand for funding for construction equipment, plant and machinery and mining equipment.
|As 2016 draws to a close, tight new regulations and changes to accounting rules, Brexit, the aftermath of the US Presidential election, volatility in stock markets plus extreme currency swings are just a few of the obstacles the leasing industry now needs to navigate.|
|FULL SUMMARY OF FINDINGS - SEE PAGE 4 OF THE SURVEY|
- John Bills, director Australian Equipment Leasing Association (AELA)
- Deirdre Borrego, senior vice president J.D. Power
- Nidhi Bothra, executive vice president Vinod Kothari Consultants
- Rafael Castillo-Triana, CEO The Alta Group Latin American Region
- Bill Choi, vice president of research and industry services Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA)
- Richard Cordray, director Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Amy Crews Cutts, chief economist Equifax
- Enrico Duranti, chair Leaseurope
- Paul Errington, CEO Connaught Finance Investments
- Jason Laky, senior vice president TransUnion
- Hugh Lander, chief executive officer BOQ Finance, Bank of Queensland
- Kai Ostermann, CEO Deutsche Leasing Group
- Ralph Petta, CEO and president Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA)
- Bill Phelan, president PayNet
- Tim Russi, president of auto finance at Ally
- Hugh Swandel, managing director The Alta Group in Canada
- Steven Szakaly, chief economist National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA)
- Peter Welch, president National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA)
- Melinda Zabritski, senior director of automotive credit Experian Automotive
Terms of service: Asset Finance International Country Surveys are free because they are sponsored. By ordering this Country Survey you are agreeing to allow us to share your contact information with the Sponsor who may contact you with information and offers regarding their products and services. The Sponsor is White Clarke Group.
ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED