£60,000 plus benefits & bonus.
Have you got experience of underwriting transactions in a vendor or direct asset finance lending environment?
We are looking for an Underwriter who has knowledge of legislation that affects this industry, and has excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Manager, you will manage the underwriting process to make sure the integrity and quality of new business proposals fits with the company’s portfolio. You will have an underwriting authority as approved by the Board
- Obtaining the information required to complete an underwriting proposal which will include dealing with the sales team, asset management and occasionally direct communication either face to face or by telephone with brokers or prospective customers.
- Make valid commercial judgements in relation to risks arising from a new business proposal.
- Presenting underwriting proposals to credit committee.
- As applicable, approving proposals under their own authority.
- Accurately communicating approval conditions to the sales teams and other relevant employees.
- Completion of Annual Credit Reviews on existing high balance exposures.
- Knowledge of Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering, Consumer Credit Act, Companies Acts and related legislation.
- Specific focus on the underwriting of wheeled assets such as LCV’s, HGV’s, trailers and refuge collection vehicles.
- Experience of discussing accounting information on a face to face basis with customers to obtain additional information.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements and produce a clear written analysis including understanding a customer’s cash flow.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- Experience of deal structuring and documentation including strengthening proposals by taking additional security.
Qualifications and Experience
Educated to at least “A” level standard (or equivalent) with one pass in either English or Mathematics. Proven experience of underwriting transactions in a vendor or direct asset finance lending environment and having held a personal lending mandate essential.
Working hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm (one hour for lunch)
Relevant training will be provided.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please contact Julie on 01279 713900 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.