An entrepreneurial role which comes with a high degree of independence, this is an opportunity to develop compelling and cutting edge events, build relationships in our community of auto and equipment finance industry leaders and to manage your own flexible home-based working.
The International Asset Finance Network (IAFN) is the online marketplace of ideas for the global asset finance industry and a forum for its communities.
IAFN members are the most innovative executives from the world's leading auto and equipment finance organisations who meet to consider how technology, regulation and changing customer needs are transforming the industry.
Out of the ashes of our face-to-face conferences, which were Europe's largest asset finance events before the pandemic, we have established communities focused on strategy in auto finance and in equipment finance plus communities for regulation and for asset finance entrepreneurs.
For our dedicated communities we run online Unconferences, which give community members the opportunity to meet and exchange ideas on pressing industry issues. We also frequently run online events ranging from leader interviews, panel discussions and industry presentations supported by sponsors.
The events leader is responsible for the smooth planning, execution and feedback for all IAFN events, from generating topic ideas, working with internal stakeholders, sponsors and industry executives to design events, on-the-day running and post-event review. This role will report to the Commercial Manager, but with a dotted line to the Head of Content.
- Research and development of event topics based on industry hot topics and current events, thinking about what will engage our community members and meet sponsors’ needs.
- Creation of a pipeline of topics including short briefs that can be used to brief sponsors and presenters, supported by Community Leaders and Head of Content.
- Ownership of our event calendar, making sure it is kept up-to-date and events are coordinated to our publishing activity.
- Support IAFN sales and relationship management with sponsors and industry executives, participating in meetings to explain event proposals.
- Engagement with sponsors to refine event briefs to suit their needs, ensuring content aligns to sponsor objectives (including date, topic, format and speakers).
- Assemble event briefing packs for a variety of uses (ie. sponsorship, marketing, presenter briefing), which could include storyboarding, biographies, Q&A, scripts.
- Build relationships with community members through personalised engagement with event delegates, sponsors and industry executives.
- Manage event feedback by creating surveys, speaking with delegates and providing event insights to internal stakeholders and sponsors against a set of KPIs.
- Ad hoc administrative activities depending on the needs of the business.
- Industry Knowledge: You will have a strong understanding of the asset finance industry, key players in the sector and a finger on the pulse of the hot topics.
- Ownership: You can take on initiatives and run with them, you know when to ask for help but you have the ability to operate autonomously.
- Communication: You know how to get your message across written and verbally, whether it’s writing great event briefs or selling your topic concepts and ideas to sponsors.
- Flexibility: Sometimes plans change, you can pivot quickly to the needs of the business when needed.
- Organisation: You’re a go-to person with great attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Relationship Management: You understand the importance of stakeholder management and you know how to build strong, sustainable relationships.
- Tech Savvy: You’re comfortable using Microsoft Office and you can pick up our CRM tools quickly.
Contact: For more information, call Edward Peck on 0208 318 3512 or email your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org