The Foundation’s mission is to champion asset finance as a profession that attracts the highest calibre of individuals and develops talent.
Building on the existing programmes that the Foundation offers in education and diversity, it is developing a new world-class certification framework that will help develop professional skills in the UK industry.
Professor Peter Thomas, executive director of the Foundation, said: “Our new directors bring to us a collective wealth of international experience, insight, influential networks and commitment that any industry organisation would envy. I am excited about the prospect of working with my new colleagues and I am delighted to welcome them."
Foundation chairman Carl D' Ammassa, who is group managing director - business finance at Aldermore Bank, said: “The appointment of our new board members, all of whom are senior, respected and influential figures in the industry, represents a huge step forward for the Foundation in helping us deliver on our ambitions.
“Adding to our already accomplished board will ensure that we collaborate successfully across our industry and trade bodies and use our reach to lead positive change in the development of professionals in the leasing and asset finance market.”
The new board appointments are:
- Gavin Wraith-Carter, Hitachi Capital Business Finance
- Nathan Mollet, Metro Bank
- Sharon Butler, Ricoh Europe
- Ian Smith, 1pm plc
- Peter Alderson, LDF
- Jo Davis, Locke Lord
- Rev. Dr. K. Bill Dost, D&D Leasing
- Ian Isaac, RBS
The new special adviser to the board is Graeme Chisholm, CBCRS.
Existing board members are:
- Carl D'Ammassa (chairman), Aldermore Professor
- Peter Thomas (executive director), Falmouth, Beijing and Newcastle Universities
- Carol Roberts, Bibby Leasing
- John Hooper, independent
- Mike Randall, Simply Asset Finance
- Andrew Denton, Alfa plc
- Jonathan Andrew (patron), Siemens Financial Services